Data centres are becoming an important part of the business world. Large or small, most businesses now have a presence on the internet and use many applications for keeping their business operational. Businesses access and generate huge quantum of data. They need a secure, sophisticated and controlled environment to save their data and access it, when required.
Data centres are not only becoming the primary repositories of data, but they also provide intelligent application and security functions. A data centre’s technical nature makes it vital that thorough and careful planning goes into designing and constructing a data centre. The changing nature of data centres‚ and the technology that impacts them‚ makes it even more critical that employees remain up to date on the current theories and best practices for issues around topics of power‚ cooling‚ efficiency, management‚ security‚ and design/site planning. Hence data centre infrastructure design course is intended to be manageable and attainable. You can quantify your learning and experience as a true data centre professional!
- Explain the roles of Data Centre in an enterprise and service provider environment
- Describe how the layers are distributed in multi-tier architecture application environment
- Describe the necessary requirements for building or setting up a Data Centre
- Illustrate the constraints that are to be considered for building or setting up a Data Centre on a strategic level
- Discuss the skills required for Data Centre management
- Outline the layers of multi-tier architecture
- Identify the essential requirements for building a Data Centre
- Identify the key parameters responsible for ranking a Data Centre
Who Should Attend?
- Students with IT background
- IT Professionals
- Lecture Slides
- Online Lab
12 Weeks / 40 Hours
Number of Questions
Types of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions
After completing this course and successfully passing the certification examination, the student will be awarded the “Data Centre Infrastructure Design” certification.
If a learner chooses not to take up the examination, they will still get a 'Participation Certificate' from iNurturePro.
Module 1 : Overview of Data Centre
Goals of Data Centre, Types of Data Centre Facilities, Roles of Data Centre in an enterprise, Role of data centre in a service provider environment
Module 2 : Data Centre Architecture
Client server model and its evaluation, the n-tier architecture and multi-tier architecture application environment, Data centre architecture
Module 3 : Data Centre Design
Requirement for physical area and unoccupied space, Required power to run all the devices, Required Cooling and HVAC, Required weight, Required network bandwidth
Module 4 : Data Centre Considerations
Budget constraints, Selecting a geographical location, Retrofitting, tier standard
- 15 hours of high-quality eLearning (Self-paced)
- Online lab
- 3 hands-on lab exercises
- End module assessments
- 24x7 Online LMS
After the successful completion of this course, applicants can look for opportunities as:
- Data Centre technician
- Infrastructure operations manager
- Infrastructure service executive
- Infrastructure service manager
- Operations specialist